Sunday, August 10, 2008

Proper Project - Hampton Court Palace

This is the embroidery project that I stitched in an embroidery class at the community center. I took a photograph at Hampton Court Palace, made a few changes - added the birch tree and enlarged the bench. The fabric was painted with fabric paint and the bench was drawn on with a fabric pen. By painting the grass and sky on the fabric there was no need to stitch it. The picture to the above shows the photograph and the painted fabric before any of the stitching was started.

I used DMC, Anchor and overdyed cotton floss, made a case to hold the thread to try to keep them straight and organized.

The fabric was put on a frame and the stitching began.

The stitches used were stem stitch, chain stitch, small straight stitches, satin stitch, French knots, buttonhole, lazy daisy, long and short, fly stitches and bent straight stitches.

It took a couple of months to complete this project and it is well worth the time. This is the first time I have ever done something like this and look forward to doing more of these kinds of projects in the future.

I will be posting more completed projects from the classes I have taken at the Royal School of Needlework in the next few days too.

1 comment:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Wow, I love what you have done with this project and I fully agree with you that it was worth every single minute that you spent working on it as the results are fantastic.

Pierrette =^..^=