Sunday, November 30, 2008

Silk Shading Birthday Gift and Pulled Thread Challenge

I have been waiting to post this picture, it seems like forever, until my friend in Lyon opened her Birthday gifts. Yesterday was her birthday, so now it is safe to post it since she has seen it. This is a silk shading practice project to get ready for the certificate class at the Royal School of Needlework in San Francisco next April. I still need lots of practice, but everyone has to start someplace.



The next picture is the pulled thread challenge project that I am working on with The Sampler Guild in England. Each month beginning last July we receive a block to stitch. Mine is a crazy quilt design because many of the members are also quilters, not me. I am using blue, green and yellow (yellow because my friend said it had to have yellow, and she was right) with metallic for the chain stitches between the blocks. This only four of the sections, there will be twelve, well if I get one design done and sent to England for March. I am thinking it needs to be green and circles, kind of like a shamrock. Not sure what I will do with it when it is done, could be a book or box cover? Suggestions welcome!



Haven't done a lot of stitching lately, just a little knitting!

No comments: