Monday, June 4, 2012
This is a Hardanger biscornu I finished from a pattern I purchased at the Needlework Show in Paris, France. I lined it with silk and filled it with ground walnut shells, could be used as a pin cushion or a paper weight.
This on was made from a pattern in the English magazine Stitch, but I made several changes including the flower, it was originally a poppy. Each petal long and short stitch with blanket stitch around the edge over wire. The leaf is made the same way.
You will notice I did not put the button on this on to pull the center. I think this one would be better as a paper weight, not sure I want to put a pin in the needlepoint.